Sunday, August 17, 2008

Belding Gus Macker 2008

Some of you may think that I am too old to participate in something as physically taxing as a Gus Macker 3-on-3 basketball tournament. I am here to tell you that you are totally RIGHT! I have still not come to grips with the fact that I am out of shape, old, and dare I say lazy? So I still try my hand at a little friendly competition now and again (wait until you hear about the kickball tournament), you can't blame me. My muscles blame me though...
The Fab Four (or Alley Oop) Jaymie (Steve's wife), me, Lori, and Carmela

This is not an optical illusion. This is the size of the girls we played. Obviously, we lost.

This is me with my super-cute knee high socks. Notice that I am not wearing basketball shoes, even though I did find my 11th grade Chris Webber Nike shoes in our garage (yes, I am a horrible pack rat, but you never know when you might need 12 year old tennis shoes). Also, note my shorts, which are an acceptable length.

Note: I am number zero. I am not sure what that might indicate. Maybe number of points I made on day one. Yes, that could be it. How about number of times that I hit the rim or backboard when shooting a free-throw on day one. Yes, also accurate. Number of WNBA contracts signed. Zero, right again. Number of inches lost per thigh. Also, zero...I can dream though can't I?

By the way, we almost won the Toilet Bowl. We lost in OT by 1 point. Final record: 1-3. We might have won another one. There was some questionable scorekeeping, at one point we were up by 2 points, then down by 2 points, then we were tied. This all happened within one play, so I am not sure what went on. After that Jim kept score to make sure we weren't getting screwed.

No comments: