So I was going through my junk (you all know that I have a lot of sentimental junk) and I found a list. What was this list about? Well, it was about all the things that I wanted to do during one of my summer vacations. How old was I? I am not sure, but probably about 10 y/o. To retain the original feeling of the list, I haven't corrected any spelling. My current comments are in the parentheses. Enjoy!
1. Read Emily series
2. Listen to music
3. Call friends
4. Write in diary
5. Visit dogs
6. Get mail
7. Bike to Stirckses (This was our neighbors, about 1/245 of a mile away)
8. Read little women
9. Goto libary
10. Go swimming
11. Invite friends over
12. Watch a movie every day
13. Take a nap (This is still a goal of mine)
14. Read magazines
15. Play nintendo
16. Finish Willow
17. Bake a cake from scratch
18. Clean room (I never was much of a cleaner)
19. Write lots of letters (To who?)
20. Experiment with camera (Not sure what this meant!!? Scary.)
21. Make a ten best list (About what?)
22. Collect something (Could I be more specific??)
23. Plant something
24. Read all the stories in TEEN (What a great goal. Boy, this should have made me turn out better)
25. Make lists (Oy!)
26. Loose 5 pounds (I knew about chunk even at that age)
27. Make an afagan (Still working on the same one)
28. Draw
29. Color in coloring books
30. Make a rug
31. Explore the woods
32. Put pictures into books
33. Suntan (My experiment with skin cancer started early)
34. Do stamp collecting (Boy, that sounds fun)
35. Play solitare (What a sad, sad child)
36. Crosstich
37. Learn how to sew
38. Save money for car (Good thing I started early or I never would have been able to afford that 1986 two-tone escort)
39. Learn to write with right hand (I was such a lefty traitor)
40. Learn shorthand (Once again, why??)
41. Learn how to type
42. Look up new words in dictionary (OMG, what a douche)
43. Play basketball (that's better)
44. Practice piano
45. Jump rope
46. Read bible (oh, that's nice)
47. Take a walk
48. Look for rocks
49. Look for shells
50. Make gingerbread cookies (In the summer??)
51. Alphabatize my bookcase
52. Read all my book I haven't read before
53. Dance
54. Write a story
55. Write a poem
56. Read newspaper
57. Make up jokes
58. Make comics
59. Sing
60. Watch Days of our Lives (Stupid, stupid...)
61. Daydream (OMG, dumb)
62. Make arts and crafts (doesn't this encompass about 10 other items?)
63. Jog
64. Watch Beverly Hills 90210
65. Eat healthy food
66. Rollerskate
67. Listen to radio
68. Make up my own language (my personal favorite)
69. Make a code (2nd favorite)
70. Execercise
There you have it.
Spring Break 2019 - Short Trips
7 years ago
2 comments:
I love this list. I don't know where to begin talking about it…. When I come over Saturday I want to hear some of the Jokes that you made up (see # 57 on the list). I think my favorite one is #6 (Get mail). Does this mean you are going to run to the mailbox in an attempt to Jog (#63) and "Loose 5 pounds" (#26) and "Execercise" (#70), or receive mail from friends? Possibly responses to the "lots" of letters you wrote (#19). Which means you have friends that were big into correspondence at age 10 or so….which brings me to my next point. I put you at 13 when you wrote this. 10y/o my A$$. You were at the very least 11. 90210 (which you watched #64), didn't come out until 1990, which puts you at the very front of the curve of 90210 fans… As we all know the season would have been coming to an end with the beginning of the summer months (so you couldn't have watched it anyway), so it could have given you enough time to become a fan of the show, but I'm guessing it was into it's second season before you started watching it, which puts you at least at 12. Also, the fact you are saving for a car (#38) means you are looking forward to some independence, which puts you up there a little higher. You may have been 12 when you wrote it, but I'm guessing you turned 13 that July. Which just makes things like Sing (#59), Daydream (#61), Color in coloring books (#29), and Jump Rope (#45) all that much more embarrassing….
RW
I don't know what is more amusing:
1. The list
2. The above comment
Oh Dana.... this is why you are one of my most favorite friends!
Nat
Post a Comment