Tuesday, June 9, 2009

32 Weeks (aka Octomom)

As you can see, I have REALLY grown. My doctor estimates that the baby weighs about 32 pounds and will likely be born with a full set of teeth and wearing eyeglasses (not sure how they got in there).

Things continue to go well at the Staat's. There have been many changes to our house in the last few weeks. The laundry room is almost complete. Jim is just finishing up the countertop and some odds and ends in there. BJ (a good friend of Jim) and Jim Sr. worked very hard on the new rooms in our basement. We are moving the office down there and then we will get the baby's room ready. I actually have some more storage space, so I have been busy trying to rearrange accumulated junk.

I am going to the doctor every 2 weeks now. Apart from the enormous weight gain (see above), all is well. Baby's heart beat was 141 at the last appointment. I continue to be quite swollen in the ankles and feet, but that will go away in about 8 weeks.

We started our childbirth classes. Jim and I discovered that we may be one of the "older" couples in the group, but we are not the most mature. It doesn't help that the video we were watching was circa 1990 and had a cast of miscreants. Between a couple that was furiously rubbing the mom's pregnant belly and some random lady in Hammer pants, we had a hard time concentrating on the real content. And then the placenta was expelled.....We weren't ready for that visual.

Jim is going to be very busy at work (which is great) and with softball for him, our childbirth classes, my travel and work schedules, and my general inability to ambulate in the evenings, he has been taking on a lot of chores. I am really appreciating the fact that he can clean.

Nugget is also doing quite well. She has been getting a lot of walking in, so I think she could be called svelte. Okay, rotund is probably more accurate. Who likes skinny pugs anyway?

8 more weeks....I can't believe it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you photoshopped that pick.

Anonymous said...

What do you have under that shirt?

Brad said...

Back off, Anonymous! That's totally real. Totally.