Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Full Term! 38 Weeks

We have crossed into the "official" full-term portion of our pregnancy. As of today I have 12 days until my due date. The last few days have been a bit more difficult. The baby seems to be a visibly bigger every couple of days. I was walking around work today and I really could feel that I have a big arch in my back and that the "pregnancy waddle" is on full force.
I had a doctor's appt this morning and no progression. I am not dilated or effaced (how thin the cervix is) at all. That doesn't mean that I couldn't have the baby at any time, it is just less likely. My OB thought that I would see him again next Monday at my next appt. He said that he won't let me go over a week over my due date. So the maximum that I have left is 2 1/2 weeks left. I was hoping he might induce me earlier due to all my swelling, but still no signs of preeclampsia.


The weekend of the 11/12 of July saw Grandma and Grandpa Pawlitz visit and help us out with some baby preparations. My mom and I enjoyed a 2nd birthday party for Gio Paul and did some shopping. We then rested while the guys worked on the baby's room. Pregnancy and Grandmahood have some perks!


My dad and Jim put the crib together.


Nuggie watched the festivities. I liked how I could get my belly (the big white thing) in the picture too.

Jim posing with his accomplishment.


Jim and my dad. Can you tell which one is Dutch and which one is German??


Nug was exhausted after everything. I think this picture was actually on Sunday night. She loves that silky body pillow I have been using to support my hips.

Grandma and Grandpa Staat came over last night to help us out. Marilyn did a bunch of weeding and cutting back plants in my garden. She also fertilized for me. It was a big help since I can't bend over and/or move very well. Jim Sr. and Jim are now working on our brown family room/Nugget's couch room. They are repainting and changing outlets. Just another one of Jim's projects. Nothing like having a baby to get home improvements going. Next will hopefully be the office downstairs. I have been stocking up our freezer and fridge. Thank goodness for Costco. I have made a couple of make ahead/freeze meals (enchiladas and lasagna). I still have a few more to make. Hope to see all of you soon (with baby on the outside0!

1 comment:

The VanderZwaags said...

Congrats!!! We can't wait to meet him!!!!!