Lately, the blog has just been about my favorite subject, Ronan Balonen. I thought that I should update everyone on the other 3 members of the Staat family.
Dana
I have been really enjoying being a mom. I always knew that I wanted kids some day, but I didn't realize how much I would love my baby and how much fun I would have with him. I have one extra work day off per week and that has become my favorite day! Ronan and I sleep in until about 830 am (he usually wakes up for a little breakfast at about 630 am). Ronan cracks me up on those days because he doesn't cry when he wakes up, he just jabbers away until I go in to get him. I spend the rest of the day doing laundry, putting things away in the house (not cleaning, but putting away our mess), feeding/taking care of RJ, catching up on my DVR, eating ramen noodles, maybe reading a bit, walking Nug, and various other activites. I still like my job and I am glad to work, but I think that 3 days/week would be the optimal amount for me.
Speaking of my job, some things are changing with my unit that are a little stressful/exciting. Our unit will soon house the Spectrum Health Burn Unit. This means construction, losing my office (but getting a new office with a window), new staff on the floor, and possible changes in which patients I cover. I am excited for the challenge, but I will be glad when everything is running smoothly again.
I have been reading a lot lately (as usual, really). I recently read "The Hunger Games" and thought it was very original and exciting. I quickly ordered the second book from the library (Catching Fire) and read it in about 3 days. Much to my dismay, the third, and last, book in the trilogy doesn't come out until August. I'm counting down the days again, just like with HP.
My favorite tv shows have been American Idol (loving Ellen), The Office, and Community. Ok, I admit it--I have been loving the new season of Kendra too. I have been singing a lot of Ke$ha to Ronan and he has been loving that. Jim and I have started watching movies again--now that Ronan goes to bed at 730-830 pm. Recently we watched Julie and Julia (I liked, Jim did not). We also watched Up, which I loved and thought was heartbreaking. I cried during a cartoon! It really was great. Enough about me--I could go on forever. :)
Jim
I asked Jim if he wanted to write his own section, but he thought he didn't have anything to write about, so I'll fill in some of what he has been doing (playing video games). Actually, Jim has been doing a lot. He has become the main house cleaner. He can clean so much faster than I can (not sure why).
Jim has been doing his usual sports watching (Wings, March Madness, Golf, etc). Once again, Jim beat me in our March Madness brackets. We both had very bad brackets, but his was bad minus one less badness than mine (did that make sense??).
Jim's job is going well. Ronan and I had a chance to meet him for lunch a week ago Friday, which was fun. I think that I can speak for Jim and say that he is also enjoying being a dad. He is looking forward to teaching Ronan everything he knows about sports. Jim is trying to get over the fact that Ronan doesn't seem left-handed.
Nugget
Pug has been a good big sister to Ronan James. She still doesn't really like him much. She hasn't given him a lick or shown any other affection to him, but she has never been mean to him either. She loves to sniff and try to lick his toys. She also gets down in her crazy stance to try to play with him and he laughs and laughs and screeches at her. Nuggie is so excited that the snow is gone. She goes outside and kicks and kicks. Jim is already mad at her for scratching up his grass, but she can't help it. She is showing Felix (neighbor's dog) that she is boss. she still stares at her food for about 5 minutes before she eats it. She also sleeps on her same old couch cushion. That poor couch has had to put up with a fat puggy poo on it for hours. She has also been loving her walks, marking her territory. She once peed 18 times in one walk (I am not exaggerating).
No comments:
Post a Comment