
So I had something strange happen to me this afternoon as I was walking from the hospital to my car. It is not unusual for me to pass a variety of folks as I walk to and fro in downtown Grand Rapids. It is also not unusual for me to get semi-hit-on. Or I guess you could say that sometimes homeless guys might say "hey baby" or "do you have another plastic bag" or something like that to me as I walk along. So I was hoofing it down the street cause I tend to walk fast, minding my own business, and I came upon 4 people. Three younger guys (~20 years old) and a lady who wasn't with them who was about 40. Well, the first 2 guys said "hi", so I thought that it was a pretty normal exchange for a 29 year old and 2 younger lads. What I thought was strange was that the third guy looked at me and said "hey there, white skin". Now he was also white, if that matters. So I am not sure if he was hitting on me or if he just wanted to comment on my skin, but now I am pretty angry because I got a lot of sun over the 4th and he should have said something like "hey there golden skin" or "that's a strange looking tan line you've got there". So now instead of the usual pick up lines like "do you have a quarter for the bus?", I can now consider "hey there, white skin" as the best pick-up line that has been used on the likes of me.
2 comments:
I love it! Jim better watch out now!!!! :) Hope all is well with you guys!
Hey pale face! Maybe you should cover up more so every guy on the street doesn't think you're a street walker!
RW
Post a Comment