Friday, May 15, 2009

28 Weeks


Our 28-29 week appt. went well. Baby's heart rate this time was 135 (down from 170's the first time). This is entirely normal, but for those of you who try to guess if we are having a boy or girl based on the heart rate, you are going to have some problems. I am now starting to go to the doctor every 2 weeks. We also start our birthing classes in about 2 weeks. Time is flying by. My big, Port Hope, shower is happening tomorrow, so I am looking forward to that.
A few things I have learned recently:
Don't buy maternity clothes too far ahead of time. There is no guarantee how you will grow, so if you buy the dress that you are going to wear at your shower 5 months early, you might be disappointed in the fit. (Yes, this is learned from personal experience)
Forever 21 is a great place to shop for maternity cloths. You can find a lot of shirts for low prices that can fit when you are 7 months pregnant and since they aren't really maternity cloths, you can wear them post-pregnancy.
Guys out there (or girls for that matter) please, when speaking to a pregnant woman, do not ask her if she is having twins. This is like saying, "You are too big to be having just one baby." If you can't think of anything to say, don't say anything! (Can you tell that 3 people have said this to me in the last week? Two out of the three have been strangers, so that was wierd.)
If you are having a baby, or going to have one, go to garage sales. I went to another round last night and have saved myself $100's. The baby (poor girl, if it is a girl) now has a Michigan snowsuit, a Red Wings and a Lions light snowsuit, and a bunch of toys. Jim's words when he walked in the house and yelled to me upstairs were, "What is all this stuff?" If I knew what this child was (boy/girl) they would already be outfitted with numerous outfits.
I also learned that my friend Crystal (Mausolf) Whitman is pregnant and due Nov. 18. Yeah!!
Other happenings:
I am now doing laundry in my new washer/dryer. The laundry room should be complete once we get our cabinets (a few weeks).
The big 3-0. Jim is turning 30 on May 17.
Nugget is a sweet, hairy, princess.

No comments: